1. Why is Mississippi State playing this game AT Troy and is this a nothing to gain/everything to lose type game?
I wrote about this very topic in Friday's Clarion-Ledger. Mississippi State, first under Greg Byrne and now Scott Stricklin, have sought 2-for-1 deals since 2008. Troy will return to Mississippi State twice in exchange for this game, and the Bulldogs save a whole lot of money in the process. MSU is willing to "risk" it on the road because of the money the program saves and, also, the proximity of the game. There will be a healthy MSU contingent in the stands in Troy on Saturday.
2. Do you sense anyone looking past Troy?
3. What's been the biggest thing you've seen about Tyler Russell's improvement and what kind of game do you see him having on Saturday?
4. What are some strengths and weaknesses of the defense?
5. Under what circumstances could you see Mississippi State slipping up and actually losing this game?
6. How do you see the game going?